If you want to create a new workstation profile that is similar to an existing one, you can save time by making a duplicate.
When you duplicate a workstation profile, you make a copy that has all of the same settings in place as the original, but is a separate profile. So you can make any changes to the duplicate and use it as a workstation profile in its own right. This can be much quicker than setting up a new workstation profile from scratch.
To duplicate a workstation profile:
- Log on as a studio owner or studio manager. Only these types of user have the permission to duplicate a workstation profile.Select Studio.
- Select your studio and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Workstations.
- In the workstation profiles list, select the workstation profile that you want to copy.
- Select the arrow next to the Update button to display a menu, and then select Duplicate.
- Enter a name and codename for the duplicate and then select Accept.
By default, the duplicate has a name that matches the original but with brackets and a number as a suffix.
SimpleCloud adds the duplicate to the workstation profiles list. It is now a workstation profile in its own right, completely separate from the original workstation profile. You can edit it to make any changes that you need.