On a project, each user has permissions that define what features and workstations they can use. The permissions are usually set when the project is first created, but you can change them at any time by editing the project.
There are three types of Permissions:
- Member role - Use to assign a role. The features that are available vary depending on the user's role.
- FTP access - Use to control whether a user can upload or download via FTP
- Workstation access - Use to assign one or more workstations to a user.
To change the permissions of a user who is a member of your project:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager.
- On the dashboard, look in the Projects section and select the project that you want to edit.
When you select a project, SimpleCloud displays the project resources.
- Select Permissions.
SimpleCloud displays the Permissions settings, with a list of the users in your project.
- Select the user that you want to change. SimpleCloud reveals the permission and workstation settings.
- Use the Assigned Workstations section to control what workstations the user can use on your project.
To add a workstation, drag and drop it from the Available Workstations section into the Assigned Workstations section. Alternatively, check its box in the Available Workstations section and then select Add Selected Workstations.
To remove access to a workstation, select the delete icon (x)for the workstation in the Assigned Workstations section.
- Use the Member roles section to set the user's role(s).
- Check Supervisor if the user needs to assign tasks and manage the project
- Check Line Producer if the user needs to be able to edit the pipeline workflow*
- Check Developer if the user needs to access the API
- Clear all of the boxes if the user is an artist.
* only available when the project has a pipeline.
- Use the FTP permissions section to assign FTP access to the user. the Member roles tab, assign the FTP permissions to the selected user(s). The FTP permissions let you control whether a user can upload and/or download files via FTP.
- Check Upload if the user needs to be able to upload content to your project
- Check Download if the user needs to be able to download content from your project
- Clear both of the boxes to prevent the user from being able to upload or download via FTP.
- Select Update to save any changes you have made.