You can save time when creating a render farm by duplicating an existing one. When you duplicate a render farm, you create a separate copy, and then you can make changes to the copy. This can help speed up the setting up process, if you need to create a new render farm that will have similar settings to one that already exists.
To duplicate a render farm:
- Log on as a studio owner or studio manager.
- Select Studio.
- Select your studio and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Processing.
SimpleCloud displays a list of the render farms.
- Select the render farm you want to duplicate. SimpleCloud reveals the render farm's settings.
- Select the arrow button next to Update and then select Duplicate from the menu.
- At the prompt, enter a unique Name for the duplicate. SimpleCloud provides a unique name by default, which is the original name followed by a number. You will most likely want to change this to something more meaningful.
You also need to provide a Codename. This has to be a unique 5 character code and once set, it cannot be changed. You can include letters or numbers.
- Select Accept to create the duplicate. You can then edit the duplicate so that it has the settings you need (see edit a render farm).