When a component is published (as an output of a discipline), it needs to be approved before it can be used in another discipline. This is the default behavior and you give approval to the publication in the Digital Asset Manager (DAM).
But it's possible to take a different approach and allow some components to be used without being approved. For this, use the pipeline tool settings when you create or edit a component.
- On the Disciplines flowchart, either create a new component in a discipline or edit an existing one.
- On the Pipelines dialog, select the Pipeline tools tab for the component.
- Use the Allow unapproved publications checkbox to control whether the component's publications can be used by other disciplines without being approved.
- Check the box if this component's publications can be used by other disciplines without being approved.
- Clear the box if this component's publications must be approved before they can be used by other disciplines.
- Select Accept to save your choice.