As a studio owner or studio manager, you should test each workstation profile before you assign it to your team members. The test settings are available when you Edit a workstation profile, but we will explain how to use them here.
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager.
- Select Studio.
- Select the studio you want to change, and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Workstations to display the workstation profiles list.
- In the list, select the workstation profile that you want to change.
- In the Test Connection section, select the type of connection you want to test. There are options for HTML, Blast Extreme, PcoIP, and RDP (HID support).
If you are unsure about which connection to use, select Blast Extreme, or if you are connecting through a web browser, choose HTML.
- Select the location of the SimpleCloud server that you want to test. This is usually the server that is nearest to your location. Information about the connection speed is shown below the setting.
- Select Test Workstation.
SimpleCloud displays the workstations that you can connect to.
For each computer, there is:
- Summary of the computer specifications
- Information about whether the computer is already being used (sessions)
- A status icon to show whether you can connect to the computer.
Green You can connect Green with exclamation mark You do not have the resources in your plan. If you connect, the extra resources will be deducted from your credits. Red You cannot connect.
This can be due to there being no free computers of that type (slots). It can also be because scheduling on your user profile, the workstation profile, or the studio, prevents access to the computer.
- Select the computer that you want to test.
SimpleCloud sets up the connection and then you can log in to the computer. Once logged in, you should make sure that the software you require is available and ready to use.