The capacity of a storage volume is set when it is first created, but you can increase the capacity later as needed. When you increase the capacity, you can add extra storage and that amount is deducted from the remaining storage in your plan. If you have already used all of the storage in your plan, you will need to upgrade it so that you have more storage available.
To upgrade your plan, please contact customer support.
You can increase the storage capacity of a volume manually (see below). Alternatively, you can set the SimpleCloud to add up to 250GB extra storage automatically (see Dynamic storage volume capacity).
To increase the storage capacity of a volume manually:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager.
- Select Studio.
- Select the studio you want to change, and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Storage to display the storage volumes list. It contains a list of the volumes that have been allocated to the studio you selected.
- Select a volume to display information about that particular volume.
- Use the slider to increase the storage capacity of the volume. The shaded section of the bar shows the current capacity of the volume. The white section of the slider represents the amount of storage you have remaining in your plan. Drag the slider to increase the capacity of the volume. The increase is shown as an orange section.
- Select Update to apply the changes.