If you want to make a render farm unavailable, without losing any of its configuration, statistics or its job queue, you can disable it. Once disabled, the render farm cannot be used by any of your projects, even those it is associated with. When you want to make the render farm available again, you can enable it. This is much quicker than deleting the render farm and then recreating it from scratch.
To disable a render farm:
- Log on as a studio owner or studio manager.
- Select Studio.
- Select your studio and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Processing.
SimpleCloud displays a list of the render farms.
- Select the render farm you want to disable. SimpleCloud reveals the render farm's settings.
- Select the arrow button next to Update, then select Disable from the menu.
- At the prompt, choose when you want the render farm to be disabled. Before you make a choice, use the Deadline Monitor software on the workstation to find out what jobs and tasks, if any, have been completed or are in process:
- Proceed when the active tasks of the job in progress have been completed
The render farm will be disabled when it has completed any active tasks. Active tasks are those that the render farm has already started.
- Proceed when the active job in progress has been completed
The render farm will be disabled when it has completed any active jobs. Active jobs are those that the render farm has already started. So all tasks in the job will be completed before the render farm is disabled, even if some of those tasks have not yet been started.
- Proceed immediately, losing the progress of jobs and tasks in progress
The render farm will be disabled immediately. Any progress that has been made on active jobs and tasks will be lost.
- Enter YES in capital letters to confirm and then select Accept. The render farm will be disabled at the appropriate time, based on your selection in the previous step. The render farm will enter the disabled state.