Each render farm has rendering software that is installed automatically, based on your choices in the render farm settings. The software is usually chosen when the render farm is first created, but you can change the software at anytime. Each node in the render farm has the same software and configuration as the render farm itself.
To change the software that's used by a render farm:
- Log on as a studio owner or studio manager.
- Select Studio.
- Select your studio and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Processing.
SimpleCloud displays a list of the render farms.
- Select the render farm you want to change. SimpleCloud reveals the render farm's settings.
- To add software to the render farm, drag and drop the software from the Available Software section into the Software section.
To remove software, select the delete icon (x) for the software.
- Select Update to apply the changes.
- At the prompt, choose when you want the changes to take place:
- Proceed when the active tasks of the job in progress have been completed
The changes will take place when the render farm has completed any active tasks. Active tasks are those that the render farm has already started.
- Proceed when the active job in progress has been completed
The changes will take place when the render farm has completed any active jobs. Active jobs are those that the render farm has already started. So all tasks in the job will be completed before the changes happen, even if some of those tasks have not yet been started.
- Proceed immediately, losing the progress of jobs and tasks in progress
The changes will take place immediately. Any progress that has been made on active jobs and tasks will be lost.
- Enter YES in capital letters to confirm and then select Accept. The changes will take place at the appropriate time, based on your selection in the previous step.