When you assign a project to a user, the user is given certain permissions for that project, including whether they can upload and download via an FTP client. The default permissions come from settings in the user's profile, but you can change them in the project settings as needed.
For example, let's say you have a user and for most of the projects they work on, they will need the download permission. So you set their user profile to have download enabled as the default. You then assign them to projects, and for each one, they inherit the default settings from their user profile, so automatically get download permissions for the projects. But there is one project where you do not want them to have download permissions, so for that specific project, you disable FTP download for that user. The project's individual FTP settings take priority over the user's profile.
To control a user's default FTP permissions:
- Log in using a Studio Owner or a Studio Manager account.
- On the Dashboard, select Studio to display the Studio page.
- Select the studio that you want people to join and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Team to display a list of the team members that have access to your studio.
- Select the user you want to edit. Their entry in the list expands to reveal the settings for that user account.
- In the Default FTP Permissions section, check the upload and/or download boxes if you want the user to be able to upload and/or download. Clear the boxes to prevent access to upload/download.
Note that if you check the box, it does not mean that the user automatically has permission to upload/download on all of your projects. It means that the user can be given upload/download permission on each projects (see Permissions for project members).
- If you want the user to have different FTP permissions on some projects, look in the Projects section. Select the edit icon (cog) for a project to reveal the user's permissions for that specific project. Check or clear the FTP permissions boxes to apply the permissions to the user for that project only.
You can also change the permissions for a user in the main project settings, see Permissions for project members.
- Select Update to apply the changes.