Canvas size for the pipeline background
Modified on: Thu, 16 Sep, 2021 at 11:40 AM
You can change the size of the background area or "canvas" of the flowcharts. This is useful when you:
- Need more space
- Have too much space and want to reduce the margins.
To set the canvas size:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or manager.
- On the Dashboard, select the project that has the pipeline flowchart you want to change.
- Select Pipeline in the header menu to display the pipeline flowchart.
- Select the tab for the pipeline you want to change (Entity types flowchart or Disciplines flowchart).
- Select the edit button (cog) at the bottom to display the flowchart properties.
- Enter the new dimensions for the background in the height and width settings.
Alternatively, select the scale button next to automatically size the canvas so that it has the minimum required pixel width and height. With minimum sizing, the canvas has enough room for all of its objects, but has no blank space in the margins. This gives a better experience when zooming in and out and is important when using the background image feature.
- Select Update.
- At the prompt, you can add a summary of any changes you made. The first summary field acts like a title for your summary, and when you add text to it, the second field becomes available. The second field is larger and you can enter a more detailed summary here. Note that you do not have to enter a summary at all, it is optional.
- Select Accept.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.