You can download a flowchart as a JSON file. This is useful if you want to:
- Backup a pipeline flowchart
- Copy a pipeline flowchart and import it into another project
- Make changes in bulk (this is often easier in a text editor than having to do them manually in the pipeline editor)
- Use a flowchart locally, instead of on the web.
This is often important for developers as it means they can make changes and do testing without affecting all users in a "live" production environment.
To download a flowchart as a JSON file:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or manager.
- On the Dashboard, select the project that has the pipeline flowchart you want to download.
- Select Pipeline in the header menu to display the pipeline flowchart.
- Select the download button.
- Choose the settings for the JSON output:
- Syntax version - The version of JSON syntax that you want the file to use.
- State - Choose Original data to download the JSON for the most recently saved version of the flowchart. Choose Last unsaved data to download the JSON for the current version of the flowchart, including any unsaved changes.
- Select Accept.
If you are using the desktop version of SimpleCloud Animation, choose the location where the JSON file will be stored and select Save.
If you are using the browser version of SimpleCloud Animation, the JSON file will download automatically in the browser. It is stored wherever your browser downloads are stored, typically, in the Downloads folder.