To take advantage of the user management benefits that groups offer, you will need to create your own groups. As you create them, you will allocate users to them and associate them with other groups where appropriate.
To create a new group:
- Log in using a Studio Owner or a Studio Manager account.
- On the Dashboard, select Studio to display the Studio page.
- Select the studio and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Team to display a list of the team members that have access to your studio.
- Select the Groups tab.
- Select Create a new group to display the group settings.
- Enter a name for the new group. When you enter a name, SimpleCloud will automatically create a codename too. You can change the codename at this stage, if you want, but it has to be unique. You will be unable to change the codename once you have saved the group.
- Select the color identifier box to display the color selector. Use that to choose a color for the group.
- Select a color from the color charts. Use the large chart to choose a shade and the narrow side chart to choose the color.
- Overwrite the HTML code with a different HTML color code
- Overwrite the RGB values with different RGB values.
- Select the Member Of heading to expand that section. If the group you are creating is going to be a "child" of a "parent" group, drag and drop the "parent" group into the box. The groups that you can use as parent groups are listed in the Available Groups section on the right.
- Select the box in the Users section and then drag and drop the group members from the Available Users section on the right.
- If you want your new group to be a "parent" to other groups, select the box in the Children Groups section. Then drag and drop the child groups from the Available Groups section on the right.
- Select Create.
SimpleCloud creates your new group. It automatically updates any other groups with the parent/child information that you have entered. For example, if you set your new group to be a child of an "Animators" group, the "Animators" group will already have your new group listed in its Children Groups section. There is no need for you to change the settings there as well.