Studio owners and studio managers can change each team members' role and permissions in the studio. There are many scenarios where this is useful, for example, if a manager is on maternity leave and one of the regular users needs to take over the management duties.
The studio user roles affect what features are available, so it is important to make sure that your users have the appropriate role for their job. To find out more about the studio roles, see User roles in Simple Cloud.
These instructions are for changing a user's role in a studio. To find out about changing a user's role on a specific project rather than for the entire studio, see Project member role for users.
To change a user's role in a studio:
- Log in using a Studio Owner or a Studio Manager account.
- On the Dashboard, select Studio to display the Studio page.
- Select the studio and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Team to display a list of the team members that have access to your studio.
- In the Team Members list, select the user that you want to change. SimpleCloud reveals the settings for that user.
- In the Roles section, use the Studio Manager checkbox to change the user's role.
- Check the Studio Manager box to turn a regular user into a studio manager
- Clear the Studio Manager box to turn a studio manager into a regular user.
- Select Update to save the changes.