If you are a studio owner or studio manager, you can make changes to the settings of your workstation profiles. Most of the settings are the same as when you create a workstation profile, but there are some additions for viewing the number of active sessions and also for testing the connection.
To make changes to a workstation profile:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager.
- Select Studio.
- Select the studio you want to change, and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Workstations to display the workstation profiles list.
- In the list, select the workstation profile that you want to change.
- Use the settings to make the changes.
When you edit a workstation profile, the settings are mostly the same as when you create a workstation profile. You can:
- Change the name of the workstation profile, but not the codename. The codename can only be set when the workstation profile is first created.
- Choose which software applications are available on the workstation profile (see Add software to a workstation)
- Choose which computers are available to the workstation profile (see Workstation specifications)
- Enable or disable Internet access for the workstation profile (see Internet access for workstations)
- Enable or disable support for floating licenses (see Floating licenses for workstations)
- Choose how many simultaneous sessions are allowed (see Simultaneous session limits)
- Set an auto-logout period for inactive sessions
- Schedule access to the workstation profile (see Schedule access to a workstation)
- View the active sessions. This shows the connections that are being used right now.
- Test that the workstation works (see Test a workstation profile). Make sure users can connect to the workstation and that it has the software they need to complete their tasks.
- Select Update to save the changes.