With the Disable workstation profile feature, you can make a workstation profile unavailable for use without deleting it from SimpleCloud. This can be useful if you want to prevent a department from having access, but do not want to completely remove the workstation profile. You can then enable the workstation profile at a later time so that it becomes available again.
To disable a workstation profile:
- Log on as a studio owner or studio manager.
- Select Studio.
- Select your studio and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Workstations.
- In the workstation profiles list, select the workstation profile that you want to disable.
- Select the arrow next to the Update button to display a menu, and then select Disable.
- Choose when you want the workstation profile to be disabled:
- Proceed only when every session is closed - The workstation profile will not be disabled until all active users log out of the computers in this workstation profile.
- Proceed immediately and log-out any active users - The workstation profile will be disabled immediately. Any active users are logged-out automatically.
- Enter YES in the field and then select Accept to confirm that you want to disable the workstation profile.
If you want to change the status of a disabled workstation profile so that it available for use again, see Enable a workstation profile.