With the Disable feature, you can make a storage volume unavailable for use without deleting it from SimpleCloud. This can be useful when you are setting up your studio and you want to keep the volume and its configuration, but do not want it to be used at the moment. You can then enable the volume at a later time so that it becomes available again.
To disable a storage volume:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager. Only these users have the permissions to disable a volume.
- Select Studio.
- Select the studio you want to change, and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Storage to display the storage volumes list. It contains a list of the volumes that have been allocated to the studio you selected.
- Select the volume you want to disable. (This has to be a volume that is currently enabled, which is indicated by a green status icon).
- Select the arrow icon button next to Update, and then select Disable.
- At the prompt, enter YES to confirm you want to disable the volume.
SimpleCloud will change the status of the volume so that it is disabled and cannot be used. In the storage volumes list, the volume details are semi-transparent and the status icon changes to gray to show it is disabled.
You will need to enable the volume if you want to use it again.