Studio managers can configure a studio so that some of its features require two-factor authentication (2FA) to log in. This means that, when enabled, users will need to log in as normal and also provide a verification code that will be sent to their smartphone. If they do not provide the verification code, they will be unable to access the feature.
This gives an extra level of security to your studio and projects.
To use 2FA, each user has to enable the 2FA in their user profile and use a supported 2FA application on their smartphone.
To choose which features require two-step verification:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager. Only these types of users have access to all of the studio management settings.
- On the Dashboard, select Studio to display the studios list.
- Select the name of the studio that you want to manage. Alternatively, you can select the down arrow icon at the far-right of the studio row.
- Select Manage studio.
- In the menu banner, select Settings.
- In the Security & Global Settings, check the boxes for the activities that you want to require two-step verification:
- Manage this studio - Users will need to use 2FA to access the studio's management features
- Connect to virtual workstations - Users will need to use 2FA to log in to the studio's workstations
- Access to project's DAM and workflow - Users will need to use 2FA to access the studio's Digital Asset Manager configuration.
Select Update to save your changes.