The desktop app lets you run SimpleCloud locally on your computer, rather than having to use a web browser. It also has the advantage of providing access to a wider range of SimpleCloud features than the browser version.
Where possible, we recommend that you use the desktop app, and that you install it the first time you log in to SimpleCloud. Once it is installed, you can launch the desktop app and use SimpleCloud from there (an Internet connection is required).
To install the desktop app:
- Launch your web browser and log in to your SimpleCloud instance. When you log in, SimpleCloud shows your dashboard, where you can see the studios and projects that you are assigned to. You can also see the workstations you can use.
- Select Desktop App to display the download page.
- Find the box for the operating system on your computer, and then choose the version you want to use.
- If you want to see what is new in the release, select the Release Notes heading. The release notes section expands to show the notes.
- Select Download.
- Read the user agreement and then select Accept.
- When the SimpleCloudApp.exe file downloads in your browser, run it and follow the steps in the wizard to complete the installation.
You have now installed the desktop app. You can use it instead of the browser the next time you want to use SimpleCloud to manage your studios or connect to a workstation.