XXX NEEDS SCREENSHOT FROM ARTISTS EXPERIENCE AS IT IS IN THE SIMPLE TOOLS WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE TWO LISTS XXXX
On a discipline flowchart, each discipline can have many components, and each component can use many entities in the scene. This can result in a high number of components that need to be selected in the Scene Breakdown tool (a guidance tool for loading, updating and publishing elements in a scene).
Selecting a high number of components is time-consuming work for an artist, so to avoid this, the Scene Breakdown tool has an an Add All option. When selected, it adds all pre-selected components to the publishing list automatically.
When you create or change a component, use the Pipeline tools tab to choose whether it will be included or excluded from the automatic publishing list. You can also choose whether its elements will be included automatically.
For example, let's say you have an animation discipline with 10 components and 15 assets in a scene. This would result in the artist having to configure 150 components in the Scene Breakdown tool before publishing. Out of the 10 components, 9 of them are set to be included in the automatic list and one is set to be excluded. So when the artist selects "Add All" in the Scene Breakdown tool, 135 components are added to the list (9 components x 15 assets). There is one component that is not added to the list, as it is set to be excluded in its own configuration.
To control whether a component is included in the automatic publishing list:
- On the Disciplines flowchart, either create a new component in a discipline or edit an existing one.
- Select the component.
- On the Pipelines dialog, select the Pipeline tools tab for the component.
- Use the Automatically add to the list of components to be published checkbox to control whether the component is included:
- Check the box if this component is to be included in the automatic publish list.
- Clear the box if this component should not be included in the automatic publish list. The artist will need to configure each component individually in the Scene Breakdown tool.
- Use the Automatically select the elements to publish from scenes checkbox to control whether the component's elements are included automatically.
- Check the box if you want the component's elements to be included in the automatic publish list.
- Clear the box to exclude the component's elements from the automatic publish list. The artist will need to configure each element for each scene manually in the Scene Breakdown tool.
- Select Accept to save your choice.