The following steps provide a quick overview of how to create a workstation profile. For more detailed explanations of the various settings, refer to the relevant articles (links provided in the steps).
- Log on as a studio owner or studio manager.
- Select Studio.
- Select your studio and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Workstations.
- Select Create a New Workstation Profile. SimpleCloud shows the new workstation profile settings.
- Enter a name for the workstation profile. When you enter a name, a codename is created automatically. The codename is a unique name that is needed to identify the profile.
You can use the codename that Simple Cloud creates automatically or you can create your own. If you create your own, it can be up to 8 characters long and must be unique in Simple Cloud.
- In the Available Software section, find an application that you want to be available on this workstation. Drag it into the Software section. Repeat this step for each application that you want to use.
To find out more about adding software, see Add software to a workstation.
- In the Available Resources section, select the level of performance you want for this workstation.
The resources that are available vary, depending on the type of plan you have with SimpleCloud. Typically, can select several computers to run on a single workstation profile. The idea is that you can switch to a more powerful computer for certain tasks.
For each computer, check the box if you want the computer to be available to this workstation profile. Clear the box to deny access.
To find out more about the specifications, see Workstation Specifications.
- In the Options and Security section, check or clear the boxes depending on your requirements:
- Internet access - Check the box if you want the workstation to be able to access the Internet.
- Allow studio licenses - Check the box if you have floating licenses for your software. These are also known as network licenses and they give you a certain amount of users per license, so that a license can be shared by multiple users (see Floating licenses for workstations).
- Allow simultaneous sessions - If you want to limit the number of simultaneous logins to the computers on this workstation profile, check the box and enter the limit number. This setting is important if you want to restrict the number of logins that could cause extra costs (see Simultaneous session limits).
- Auto-logout inactive session - Check the box if you want a user to be logged out if they are inactive for a certain time period. Enter the time period in the field.
- Use the Scheduled Access section to control whether the workstation is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. By default, it is always available, but you can set it to only be available at certain times.
To use a schedule, check the Only allow access during selected time period box and then use the scheduler to set the access times. To find out more see Schedule access to a workstation.
- Select Create to save your workstation profile.