Each volume that you create has a capacity. If the storage disk becomes full, you will need to increase the capacity, either by doing it manually or by allowing SimpleCloud to automate it. With the automated option, also known as "dynamic storage", SimpleCloud can add up to 250GB to a volume. The 250GB is taken from the remaining storage in your plan.
For example, let's say you have 100GB remaining in your plan and you have a 600GB volume that has 540GB used and only 60GB remaining (90% of capacity). SimpleCloud will increase that volume's storage to 700GB automatically, as you do not have enough available storage to add 250GB.
If you have already used all of the storage in your plan, you will need to upgrade it so that you have more storage available.
To upgrade your plan, please contact customer support.
To use the dynamic storage volume capacity feature:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager. Only these users have the permissions to increase the storage capacity.
- Select Studio.
- Select the studio you want to change, and then select Manage Studio.
- Select Storage to display the storage volumes list. It contains a list of the volumes that have been allocated to the studio you selected.
- Select a volume to display information about that particular volume.
- Check the Automatically add 250GB when used space reaches 90% box to enable the dynamic volume capacity feature. Clear the checkbox if you do not want SimpleCloud to add capacity automatically.
- Select Update.