If you delete a storage volume, the volume goes into the delete pending state. In this state, the volume cannot be used, and it will be deleted automatically after a period of time (approximately one month). But if you prefer, you can use the Purge feature to delete the volume immediately.
Once you purge a volume, it is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
To purge a storage volume:
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager. Only these types of users have access to all of the studio management settings.
- On the Dashboard, select Studio to display the studios list.
- Select the name of the studio that you want to manage. Alternatively, you can select the down arrow icon at the far-right of the studio row.
- Select Manage studio.
- Select Storage.
- Select the volume that you want to purge. SimpleCloud displays the volume's settings.
- Select the arrow button next to the Recover option and then select Purge from the menu.
- At the prompt, enter YES if you are certain you want to delete the storage volume immediately. Once deleted, the storage volume cannot be recovered. Select Accept to delete or cancel to abort.