The capacity of a storage volume is set when you first create the volume. If the capacity is too high and you want to reduce it:
- Create a new storage volume with the lower amount of capacity you want. This new storage volume will replace the volume that is currently too large.
- Log in to a workstation that has access to the two storage volumes.
- Back up the data from the large volume to the smaller volume.
- Log in to SimpleCloud as a studio owner or studio manager. Only these types of users have access to all of the studio management settings.
- On the Dashboard, select Studio to display the studios list.
- Select the name of the studio that you want to manage. Alternatively, you can select the down arrow icon at the far-right of the studio row.
- Select Manage studio.
- Select Storage.
- Delete the large capacity volume that, originally, you wanted to reduce in size. If you are certain that you have backup the data from it, you can also purge it. But be aware that once a volume is purged, it cannot be restored.
You can now use the smaller capacity volume in place of the larger volume that you deleted.